1. Personal Records
Work-seeker records including CV, Interview notes, identity documents, personal details, contact information.
- Minimum of 1 year from the last date of providing work-finding services as an Employment Agency or Employment Business (Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (Conduct Regulations))
- Maximum 6 years after last contact, record will be reduced to name and basic contact details only and the record will be marked inactive.
Placement or On-Boarding Pack including work history, references personal and work, work experience, residential information, credit checks, CRB certificates, right to work, visas, certificates of education or qualifications, copies of personal records.
- Minimum 1 year from the last date of providing work-finding services as an Employment Agency or Employment Business (Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (Conduct Regulations))
- Maximum 2 years from completion of placement the electronic scan will be destroyed. The paper documents used to create the On-Boarding pack within 3 months of placement.
- The paper documents are stored securely under lock and key and are only accessible by Compliance staff. The electronic scans are also only available to the Compliance staff and engaging clients, files are encrypted both at rest and in transit.
Contracts, terms of engagement, schedules, amendments, timesheets, invoices, communications relating to the contract, variations.
- Minimum 6 years from the completion of the contract in order to deal with any civil action in the form of contractual claim. VAT records are also required to be retained for a minimum of 6 years.
- All contracts, when completed, including all the documents mentioned adjacent; are stored securely under lock and key and are destroyed once the audit of the company’s accounting period is complete. But no longer than 7 years.
Annual Appraisal/ Staff assessment records
- 2 years
Payroll information including Sickness records – Statutory sick pay, Maternity, Paternity, adoption pay, Pensions auto-enrolment (Including auto-enrolment date, opt in and opt out notices, contributions paid.
- 3 years from the end of the tax year to which they relate.
- See PAYE record keeping guidance on the Gov.uk website.
National Minimum Wage Documentation:
- Total pay by the worker and the hours worked by the worker;
- Overtime/shift premium;
- Any deduction or payment of accommodation;
- Any absences e.g. rest breaks, sick leave, holiday;
- Any travel or training during working hours and its length;
- Total number of hours pay in a pay reference period.
For HMRC purposes: 3 years after the end of the pay reference period following the one that the records cover (National Minimum Wage Act 1998)
Or 6 years in order to show that you have paid at least national minimum wage rates if a breach of contract is brought against you.
2. Company Financial Records
- Payroll Information
- CIS records
3 years from the end of the tax year. See CIS record-keeping guidance on the Gov.uk website.
6 years – please see an overview of VAT record keeping on the Gov.uk website.
- 6 years – please see an overview of running a limited company on the Gov.uk website.
ITEPA (the intermediaries legislation) records
- Report due every quarter, to be kept for no less than 3 years after the end of the tax year to which they relate.